How many annual gym subscriptions did you buy before quitting in less than 2 months? If you are like most people, then your answer must be - quite a few! You are not alone. Staying consistent is one of the toughest battles most people face when kick-starting their fitness journey. Heading to the gym is often considered the best option for getting fitter. But there is a downside to this.
Why You Need A Home Gym
We are all battling hectic schedules, erratic work hours, and long commutes. Amidst all this, it’s nearly impossible to head to the gym. Should that stop you from getting fit, though? Absolutely not. If heading to the gym is an option that’s not available to you, then you can set up a gym at your home. Today, setting up a cost-effective gym at your own home is a simple process. All you need is accurate information on what equipment to invest in. Which is why we are here. In the next section, we will run you through the essential home exercise equipment you will need to build a home gym. This list will cover equipment that can be easily accommodated in homes of all sizes. Keep reading to get fitter.
The Essential Home Workout Equipment’s You Need When Setting Up A Home Gym
1. Mat - A mat is the most basic essential you can invest in that will give you a lot of returns. There are 2 popular mat types - yoga mats and jump mats. The difference between the 2 is that jump mats are for more rigorous workouts. They come with additional cushions that give you the flexibility to perform different exercises and minimise noise. You can always invest in a jump mat and double it as a yoga mat. Either way, a mat is an essential home workout equipment.
2. Resistance Bands - hese bands have gained immense popularity amongst people across fitness levels. A resistance band is a must-have home workout equipment because of its sheer versatility. You can use resistance bands to stretch, build muscles, and basically work out your entire body. The bands often come withT different ‘stretch’ or resistance levels ranging from normal to difficult. As you progress in your fitness journey, you can then upgrade your bands. So if you want a full-body sweat session as a beginner or a pro, there is no better home exercise equipment than a resistance band.
3. Jump ropes - This equipment will remind you of the carefree playtime you enjoyed as a child. You can now revisit this nostalgia and get fitter as you have fun. Jump ropes are great for a quick warm-up session and help build stamina. If you have a jump rope lying about, then we advise you to not use that. Instead, invest in exercise-specific jump ropes. These come with additional features that ensure your workout is smooth.
4. Dumbbells - Good old dumbbells - one of the best gym equipment you can have at home. Dumbbells are great for strength training and help you build muscle. The one thing to keep in mind is the weight of the dumbbells. Depending on your fitness level and goal, you can invest in dumbbells of different weights. You can also invest in dumbbells with adjustable weights that lend you with more options and don’t require frequent upgrades. Get your muscles toned and feel the strength pulsing through you as you invest in Flexnest dumbbells.
5. Pull-up bar - This home workout accessory is perfect for folks who have less floor space. You can easily attach pull-up bars to your door frame and you are good to go. This home workout equipment is especially great for strengthening your upper body and core. The best part? Once you have it attached, you can have a quick-workout session every time you pass your door. The added flexibility also lets you move the bar from one room to another, depending on where you want to work out.
Flexnest - Your One-Stop Shop for Home Workout Accessories
If you are all geared to set up a home gym but unsure of where to buy equipment from then Flexnest has you covered. We offer all workout equipment under the sun at affordable prices. You can browse our online store and select the best equipment based on your fitness level and goals. We also offer EMI financing options and free shipping. So what are you waiting for? Head to Flexnest to upgrade your fitness journey!