Thinking about getting exercise equipment that can give a full body and intensive sweaty workout without taking up a lot of space at home? Consider getting a home exercise bike, the machine which has been humbly dated back, yet it still does not cease to give surprising results when it comes to giving efficient and effective results. Exercise bike for home helps burn calories and body fat while strengthening the heart, lungs, and muscles.
With great features like a great cardio workout without putting lesser stress on joints, easy to use, and simple installation home exercise bike is a good option for all kinds of fitness seekers, be they beginners or experts. What makes training on an exercise bike more engaging is the availability of online spin bike classes, allowing you to work it out from the comfort of your own house. So there is no need to rush to the gym or actual spin bike classes.
For those who do not want to spend extra on online classes or cannot fix a workout time, we bring you the five best exercises for an exercise bike routine. After setting up the stationary bike, warm up for a while before you begin with any regime.
HOW TO START EXERCISING ON AN EXERCISE BIKE
Whenever you start with any new exercise regime, no matter how fit you are, always start with the beginner's level. This lets you understand the body's stamina and requirement. With a gym cycle for a home, one can start with the lowest resistance or rate of perceived exertion (RPE). RPE is how hard one feels while paddling. Start at the lowest, and if it feels easy, increase resistance, and keep increasing until you actually feel worked up. Also, there is no fixed duration to work out; stop when fatigue takes over your stamina. There is no hurry! Endurance only builds up with time, especially if you have yet to gain experience in cycling.
Other than the simple routine, one can follow below exercise modules from time to time.
1- 10-MINUTE BEGINNER'S RIDE
In the starting, you would want your body to introduce to the changing speeds and resistance levels. This benefits in two ways, the body comes to know what it has to do, and you get to understand the endurance level.
What to do
- Do a 1-minute warm-up without any elevation, easy or lowest resistance but at a slightly quicker pace.
- For 4 minutes, increase the resistance ranging from 3 to 5 but do not hurry; stride slower than the base level.
- For 45 seconds, return to base setting: lowest resistance but quick pace.
- This completes a set. Repeat it four times.
2- SIMPLE BEGINNERS REGIME
For beginners, it is essential to go slow but steady; this is vital to create a regime and sustenance. Switching the home exercise bike's speed and resistance is key; this allows the user to increase stamina slowly without getting exhausted.
What to do
- Start with a little warm-up to allow the body to get ready for a faster session. Keep the resistance lowest and the pace slow. Do this for about 5 minutes.
- Increase the resistance level from 1 to 4 or more. Make sure you do not get too weary. You should still be able to talk while pacing; that is how you know you are on a more challenging level but still under control. Do this for 3 minutes.
- Further, increase resistance for 2 minutes.
- Return to the previous resistance level but increase the duration to 3 minutes.
- Again increase the level and stride for 2 minutes.
- Come back to baseline resistance and pace for 6 minutes to cool down and end the session.
3- ENDURANCE RIDE
After introducing the body to biking speed and resistance, it is time to build stamina. Continuing too long with the starter's level will hardly show new results. The purpose of changing the regime is to build endurance and get better results. Here we only change resistance a little but try to stick to the same level and change the riding style and speed.
What to do
- For 3 minutes, take a medium-paced ride and low resistance for warming up.
- For the next 1 minute, increase the resistance by a few points and maintain a steady speed.
- The next minute you stick to the same resistance and speed but ride out of the saddle.
- Sit back on the saddle and maintain the resistance and steady pace.
- Start again with an out-of-saddle ride for 30 seconds.
- Get back and ride for 2 minutes; no change in resistance and speed.
- Again ride out of the saddle ride for 30 seconds.
- This will complete one set. Do four such sets.
- In the end, ride for minutes with low resistance and slow but steady speed to cool down and end the session.
4- 20 MINUTES WEIGHT LOSS SESSION
You do not just ride the gym cycle at home for stamina. Home exercise bikes are also beneficial for weight loss. They are a great fat and calories-burning tool. All you have to do is do the right exercise to get the result.
What to do
- Start with warming up with brisk striding for about 5 minutes at low resistance.
- Start the sprint with increased resistance, comfortable enough at high speed. Do it for about 30 seconds. You can go out of the saddle to maintain the speed.
- Slow down to a medium speed and continue paddling for another 30 seconds.
- For 60 seconds, stride in a comfortable position and speed.
- This completes a cycle. Repeat this four more times.
- At the same resistance, sprint as fast as you can out of the saddle for 40 seconds and then on an easy pace for 20 seconds.
- Repeat the above 40-20 seconds round 4 times.
- To end the session, cool down the cycle for 5 minutes at low speed and resistance.
5- HIIT ON EXERCISE BIKE
You have heard about HIIT and the way it aids cardiovascular health and burns fat at a great rate. This form of cardio on an exercise bike at home is perfect for a higher level of workout. Once you hit a high stamina level, this workout routine is a power giver and the ultimate session.
What to do
- Start by 5 minutes warming u at a low pace and resistance.
- Keep the resistance low but increase the speed for 30 seconds.
- Slow down and paddle for 30 seconds.
- Again start with fast paddling followed by slower for 30 seconds. Repeat this pattern five times.
- Now cycle for 5 minutes at a comfortable speed and resistance.
- Start peddling at increased resistance and slower speed than the previous cycle. Do this for 30 seconds.
- Reduce the resistance to base level and paddle for 30 seconds.
- Again repeat step 6. Do five sets of steps 6 and 7 alternatively.
- End by doing east riding for 5 minutes to cool off.
Riding an exercise bike can be a fun and result-oriented regime. Changing workouts from time to time not only shows better results on your body but also keeps monotony at bay, which is one of the significant reasons why gym cycles for home become more of a showpiece than a tool of fitness in most households. Best exercise bike brands ensure their users avoid ending up in such situations. Therefore, Flexnest offers access to trainer-led workout videos to help exercise on the Flexbikes. Additionally, they also give 100+ virtual rides in cities like Paris and New York so that you can enjoy the ride while getting fitter & better!