Beginner's Guide: How to Use an Exercise Bike at Home
Cycling can be incredibly fun. It helps you let off some steam while achieving your weight loss goals. Even a stationary bike can take you places, provided you have selected the right one. Cycling lives up to its hype, with spinning classes gaining popularity around the globe. Come hop on, let's enjoy this ride.
Getting yourself an exercise bike for home is the perfect way to enable a regular cardio regime. The first time on a smart exercise bike can be a little intimidating, but worry not, read this simple guide to making the best use of your exercise cycle for weight loss.
- Choose the correct bike - Smart exercise bikes are designed to provide optimal full-body workouts in the comfort of your home. The factors that determine a good bike are the smoothness with a good design, making it easy to operate and use with the least amount of assistance. A bonus would be a bike that helps you stay motivated and engaged by aiding workouts with world-class trainers or giving you a scenic virtual tour so that you don’t lose pace while burning calories. If price is a determining factor for choosing a smart exercise bike for home use, do not compromise on the quality or comfort as you are bound to spend a lot of time on it; go for a brand that offers EMI and finance options.
- Assembly - Assemble the bike according to the step-by-step instructions provided by the manufacturer. Watch the assembly videos to be able to put the bike together comfortably. Place the bike in an area that enables free movement. A smart exercise bike for home can be assembled in a few minutes. Doing it yourself can be very satisfying, it helps you understand its function better.
- Adjustment - An exercise cycle for weight loss is curated keeping in mind various sizes and body types that are meant to use it. The bike comes with adjustable handlebars and seats. Adjust the seat according to your height and torso length to find a position that is the most comfortable for you. Adjust the handlebars higher when you start first and make them lower as you progress for better core engagement. Make sure you try various adjustments before you settle on one. Getting the seat height correct is most critical to avoid any kind of accidents or internal injuries to the muscles. Adjust the bike resistance to minimum levels before the first use and increase it gradually.
- Adopting a good posture - It is exciting to hop on to your new exercise bike and pedal away but hold on for a bit, for a safe experience, one must perform stretching routines before any form of intense exercise. Adopt a good posture when riding an exercise bike for weight loss, your spine should adopt a neutral position, with elbows slightly flexed and the core engaged. Stay upright, shoulders rolled back, with a relaxed grip on the handlebars. Ensure that your foot is positioned correctly on the pedals, the feet and knees pointing forward. Having a secure footing during intense cycling helps increase the performance and efficiency of your workouts.
- Choosing the intensity and type of exercise - Smart Exercise bikes are great for increasing your stamina and helping you burn calories. However, if you are new to your exercise cycle, take it slow. Some exercise cycles for weight loss come with free trainer-led workout classes, the best way forward for a beginner. Start with gentle cycling sessions of 25 to 30 mins, increase by a few minutes each day and build up the resistance. For weight loss, switch between resistance levels in short intervals as it helps to promote an increased heart rate resulting in a high-calorie burn.
Useful Resources: Home Workout Equipment | Home Dumbbell Set | Best Yoga Mat Online
When choosing an exercise bike for home opt for one that comes with silent magnetic resistance- offering a smooth ride. Choose a blue-tooth-enabled bike to connect your smartphone for an efficient workout.